Jace and I just made the trip to Mt Rushmore. I have always loved Lincoln. Tall, proud, forthright. He wasn’t a man easily swayed. He knew the truth of things, and tried to be a good person. I try to live by his ‘religion’:
And I think, for the most part, things are pretty obvious.
- If I lie, bear false witness, I don’t feel good.
- If I let someone treat me poorly, and not stand up for myself, I feel bad.
- If I hurt someone by being disingenuous, I feel bad.
- If my gains come at another’s expense, I feel bad.
- If I choose to be lazy, instead of productive (minus self-care of course), I feel bad.
These are my philosophies on living a ‘clean’ life. I am not religious, but it doesn’t take God to tell you what we already know. Do unto others…
After years of oppression for myself, and Jace, I’m still caught with the same thoughts.
- Why do LE twist the truth in these stings?
- Why do they alter texts to make a fake agenda?
- Why do they send pictures of adults to falsely lure men?
- Why does it seem lawyers are willing to take your money but unwilling to fight for you?
- How do these people sleep at night?
As we try to navigate the decision of an unjust plea deal, or another trial, I am left curious how the past leaders would see all this. Our nation having by far the most incarcerated people of the world?!? That alone is despicable. Then add into that the police racketeering of entrapment?
Not to save a child, but to make a buck?