Every time I reach out to someone, for information, it seems I am met with decent, reasonably concerned, trying to do the right thing, good people.
So here’s the conundrum….how is it possible that after two and a half years of chaos, one and a half years of prison, dozens of contacts, and hundreds of phone calls – how is it possible that
I STILL HAVE NO SOLID INFORMATION ON JACE RELEASE?
At times I feel like Jace, and by association I, am just not important to WA state Department of Corrections. That since Jace is a person required to register that he has zero rights, importance, or feelings. He is nothing to them.
But then I will speak to someone one on one finally and they are suddenly completely understanding, willing, and concerned? I can’t fathom how the two successfully coincide yet they somehow do!
As I’ve mentioned, I have been trying to successfully get information on transferring Jace from Washington state to Oregon since last January. I am no closer.
Then we gave up on that and looked to have him released to WA state. Should be easy right? After all, same state government, same people, and Jace is already here! Nope – still no word on what he needs to do, where he needs to be.
After leaving a half dozen messages for his ‘counselor’ and his ‘field officer’ I got pissed. I started calling DOC offices in Thurston county randomly. If the number you are given to use doesn’t work….STOP CALLING IT!
Lo and behold I was finally connected with Jace field officer’s supervisor. The conversation went something like this….
- Me – I do not know when my son is to be released. I do not know what rules he needs to follow or what residency restrictions have been placed on him.
- Them – Didn’t he take the Sexual Offender course? That gives you all the information on does and don’ts.
- Me – Nope – he was not eligible due to filing an appeal. He knows nothing.
- Them – What about the transitions course taken after the SO class? To help the offender back into the community?
- Me – Nope – he was not eligible due to filing an appeal. We know nothing.
- Them – OH!
I was told I would hear from Jace field officer and to call back to the supervisor if I do not. I will be calling back tomorrow. And everyday until I can get the answers we need!
On a side note we have been waiting for the prosecutors response to Jace appeal. It was due Sept 3rd. They have asked for a 30 day extension. In the words of a wise man (Jim’s pretty wise!)….
“Sounds like they are scrambling!”